Cranberry Bread Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup Maple Guild Original maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups halved fresh cranberries
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Maple Guild Original maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less, depending on desired consistency)
Maple Glazed Cranberry Bread
1 hour 10 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Liren Baker
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack placed in the center of the oven. Prepare an 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75-inch loaf pan by spraying with baking spray and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until just combined. Stir in the cranberries, be sure not to overmix the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Place in oven and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, then lower heat to 325°F and bake for about 20-30 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Tent with foil if the loaf looks like it is browning too quickly. Let it rest for about 5 minutes on a wire rack, before removing from loaf pan.
- While the cranberry bread cools, make the glaze. Stir together the maple syrup and milk. Whisk in the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup increments until smooth and you achieve your desired consistency, using a little more or less as necessary.
- Use a skewer to poke a few holes in the cranberry bread. Spoon the glaze over the bread until the top is covered. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.