- 2 cups spelt or all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil, solid
¾ tsp salt
1 cup fresh cranberries
3-4 tbsp orange zest
2 tbsp Maple Guild Original maple syrup
1 cup full-fat coconut milk, shaken well
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
¼ cup Maple Guild Original maple syrup
2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
¾ cup powdered sugar, plus more as needed
1 pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla
Maple Glazed Cranberry Scones
Recipe courtesy of Hannah Che
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and salt, and pulse until it forms a powdery meal. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add in cranberries and orange zest, tossing until combined.
- Shake the can of coconut milk so the fats and liquids are combined, then measure out one cup milk. Pour coconut milk and maple syrup into the bowl with the dry ingredients, stirring to form a soft dough.
- Shape and pat into a 7-inch wheel on a floured parchment paper sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes for fats to solidify (also makes it easier to cut).
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the round of dough into 8 wedges, and arrange pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, and let cool before icing.
- To make the glaze, place maple syrup and 2 tbsp of the remaining coconut milk into a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for one minute until bubbling. Add powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla, whisking until it forms a thick, but still pourable glaze. Drizzle onto scones and let set for 10-15 minutes before serving.