Cauliflower + Batter Ingredients:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water (you may not need to use all of it; add a little at a time)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Maple Gochujang Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup gochujang pepper paste
- 2 tbsp Maple Guild Original maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1-2 tbsp water, to thin
Maple Gochujang Cauliflower Wings
Recipe courtesy of Hannah Che
- Preheat oven to 450º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Whisk all batter ingredients together in a mixing bowl, adding water slowly at a time until it achieves the desired consistency – the batter should be pourable, but thick enough to stick on the cauliflower. Dip each floret into the mixture and coat evenly, and shake to remove excess. Arrange florets on baking sheet (shouldn’t be touching) and bake for 25 minutes, then remove from oven.
- In the meantime, mix together sauce ingredients, adding as much water as necessary to reach a glaze consistency. Dip each baked floret into the sauce until coated, shake off excess, and place back onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and caramelized.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then garnish with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds and serve.