For the potatoes:
- 4 lb sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons The Maple Guild Grade-A Golden Maple Syrup (use Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice infused syrups for a fun twist!)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
For the pecans
- 1/2 cup The Maple Guild Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes With Candied Pecans
Developed by Elizabeth Falcigno of The Clean Eating Couple
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- While water is boiling, peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Once water is boiling, add sweet potatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes, until they are fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare a parchment lined plate or baking sheet. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add maple sugar and pecans.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and pecans are evenly coated (about 5 minutes). Transfer pecans to parchment lined plate to set.
- When potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Using a handheld mixer, whip until smooth.
- Add maple syrup, milk, butter and spices and mix again until evenly combined.
- Top with candied pecans and serve!