For Baked Brie:
- 1 12-oz wheel of brie
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle of sugar
For Maple Roasted Cranberries:
- 1 ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup The Maple Guild Original Grade-A Golden Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp dried rosemary
- Squeeze of lemon
For Bourbon Candied Pecans:
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons The Maple Guild Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Extra maple syrup to drizzle
Pastry Baked Brie with Maple Roasted Cranberries and Bourbon Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss the cranberries with the maple syrup, rosemary, and squeeze of lemon.
- Transfer to a baking dish and roast for 15 – 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove the top rind of the brie, leaving the rest of the rind intact.
- Smooth out the puff pastry and place the fig jam in the middle, spreading out to the size of the wheel of brie.
- Place brie on top of the fig jam and carefully wrap the puff pastry around it.
- Brush pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- As the brie is baking, combine the chopped pecans and maple syrup in a heavy-bottom pan and cook over medium-low heat, careful not to burn. Stir continuously.
- Let the maple syrup gently bubble until all moisture has evaporated and the maple syrup has crystallized on the pecans, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Once brie is removed from oven, allow to cool slightly and then top with roasted cranberries and candied pecans.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and a drizzle of maple syrup.